Latest Breaking Iran News
Lates streaming news from all news sources about Iran.
Azerbaijan Rejects Iran Complaints Over Israel Arms Buy
and 5 related articles
Radio Free Europe - Feb 29, 2012
Azerbaijan has dismissed Iranian protests over its reported deal to buy arms worth $1.5 billion from Israel. Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesman Elman Abdullayev said on February 29 that Baku's foreign policy was not directed against any country. Azerbaijan's ambassador to Iran, Cavansir Axundov, was summoned to Iran's Foreign Ministry on February 28 to explain the deal, which reportedly includes drones, antiaircraft weapons, and missile-defense systems. Axundov said the weapons were intended "to liberate occupied Azerbaijani land," an ...
Al-Arabiya - Feb 29, 2012
Azerbaijan’s ambassador was summoned to Iran’s foreign ministry on Tuesday to explain the weapons and to receive a warning that Israel must not be permitted to use Azerbaijan to stage “terrorist acts” against Iran. (File photo)/ Azerbaijan on Wednesday dismissed an Iranian protest over its reported deal to buy arms worth $1.5 billion from Tehran’s foe Israel amid increased tensions between the neighboring states. Azerbaijan’s ambassador was summoned to Iran’s foreign ministry on Tuesday to explain the weapons and to receive a warning that ...
Radio Free Europe - Feb 28, 2012
Iran's state media reported February 28 the Foreign Ministry summoned Azerbaijani Ambassador Javanshir Akhundov to explain Azerbaijan's purchase of some $1.6 billion of weapons from Israel. The summons came in response to recent reports that Israel is selling drones, antiaircraft missiles and missile defense systems to Azerbaijan. Akhundov confirmed the purchase but said Azerbaijan needed the weapons to "liberate occupied Azerbaijani land," a clear reference to Armenia and the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave currently occupied by pro-Armenian ...
Tehran Times - Feb 29, 2012
TEHRAN – In a meeting held on Wednesday at the invitation of Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Tehran Javanshir Akhundov explained about the arms deal between the Zionist regime and Azerbaian. The meeting was held in response to reports that Azerbaijan had signed a $1.6 billion deal with Israel for the purchase of drones and anti-aircraft and missile systems, Press TV reported. Ambassador Akhundov explained that the weapons were being purchased to liberate the “occupied” lands of Azerbaijan. Iran warns ...
Turkish Weekly - March 1, 2012
Tensions between Azerbaijan and Iran have again been raised after Baku bought arms worth $1.5 billion from Tehran’s foe Israel. Azerbaijan’s ambassador was summoned to Iran’s Foreign Ministry Feb. 28, to explain the weapons deal and to receive a warning that Israel must not be permitted to use Azerbaijan in order to stage “terrorist acts” against Iran. The Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry said the reported weapons purchases, which it did not confirm had been made, were not intended to threaten Iran. “Our foreign policy is not directed against ...
Yahoo! News – Four hours ago
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Iran leader calls for arming Gaza to fight Israel (Washington Post)
- Iran is against Hamas disarmament (Trend)
VOA News – Three hours ago
[ 3 Articles Available ]
- State Department urges Iran to release Post correspondent (Washington Post)
- US calls on Iran to free American reporter (India Times)
Yahoo! News – July 27, 2014
[ 7 Articles Available ]
- Iran urges Muslim countries to help end Gaza blockade (One India)
- Iran, Oman urge global efforts to end Gaza blockade (Press TV)
Washington Post – July 25, 2014
[ 19 Articles Available ]
- Iran detains four journalists, three of them Iranian-American, says CPJ (Yahoo! News)
- Report: Four journalists detained in Iran, three of them Americans (CNN)
Tehran Times – July 25, 2014
[ 3 Articles Available ]
- Iran asks Egypt to permit its aid pass to Gaza (Trend)
- Iran Gaza aid ready for shipment (Press TV)
VOA News – July 25, 2014
[ 12 Articles Available ]
- Iran rallies for Gaza, Rouhani slams world 'silence' (Yahoo! News)
- Iranians tell Palestinians to fight against Israel: state TV (Reuters)
Reuters – July 24, 2014
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Boeing Signs Deal To Sell Airplane Parts To Iran (Nasdaq)
- Boeing to provide Iran Air with plane parts: Report (Press TV)
Xinhua – July 23, 2014
[ 5 Articles Available ]
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in early September: state TV (Reuters)
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in early September: state TV (Yahoo! News)
Yahoo! News – July 22, 2014
[ 16 Articles Available ]
- IAEA: Iran Turns its Enriched Uranium Into Less Harmful Form (VOA News)
- West still struggles to cut feared bomb risk in Iran nuclear talks (Reuters)
Yahoo! News – July 19, 2014
[ 39 Articles Available ]
- Extension of Iran nuclear talks gets mixed Israeli response (Reuters)
- Nations agree to 4-month extension of Iranian nuclear negotiations (CNN)
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically
by a computer program.
The Service is designed to help you find news information that resides on sites not owned or controlled by Persiancity.com. In particular, the Service provides brief descriptions of news stories to help you identify the stories of interest to you. When you select a story, you will be linked to the news site on which that story appears. Persiancity.com owns and retains all intellectual property rights to the Service; but Persiancity.com does not claim ownership rights to the full news stories, which are instead held by the sites to which the Service links.