Latest Breaking Iran News
Lates streaming news from all news sources about Iran.
Azerbaijan Rejects Iran Complaints Over Israel Arms Buy
and 5 related articles
Radio Free Europe - Feb 29, 2012
Azerbaijan has dismissed Iranian protests over its reported deal to buy arms worth $1.5 billion from Israel. Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesman Elman Abdullayev said on February 29 that Baku's foreign policy was not directed against any country. Azerbaijan's ambassador to Iran, Cavansir Axundov, was summoned to Iran's Foreign Ministry on February 28 to explain the deal, which reportedly includes drones, antiaircraft weapons, and missile-defense systems. Axundov said the weapons were intended "to liberate occupied Azerbaijani land," an ...
Al-Arabiya - Feb 29, 2012
Azerbaijan’s ambassador was summoned to Iran’s foreign ministry on Tuesday to explain the weapons and to receive a warning that Israel must not be permitted to use Azerbaijan to stage “terrorist acts” against Iran. (File photo)/ Azerbaijan on Wednesday dismissed an Iranian protest over its reported deal to buy arms worth $1.5 billion from Tehran’s foe Israel amid increased tensions between the neighboring states. Azerbaijan’s ambassador was summoned to Iran’s foreign ministry on Tuesday to explain the weapons and to receive a warning that ...
Radio Free Europe - Feb 28, 2012
Iran's state media reported February 28 the Foreign Ministry summoned Azerbaijani Ambassador Javanshir Akhundov to explain Azerbaijan's purchase of some $1.6 billion of weapons from Israel. The summons came in response to recent reports that Israel is selling drones, antiaircraft missiles and missile defense systems to Azerbaijan. Akhundov confirmed the purchase but said Azerbaijan needed the weapons to "liberate occupied Azerbaijani land," a clear reference to Armenia and the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave currently occupied by pro-Armenian ...
Tehran Times - Feb 29, 2012
TEHRAN – In a meeting held on Wednesday at the invitation of Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Tehran Javanshir Akhundov explained about the arms deal between the Zionist regime and Azerbaian. The meeting was held in response to reports that Azerbaijan had signed a $1.6 billion deal with Israel for the purchase of drones and anti-aircraft and missile systems, Press TV reported. Ambassador Akhundov explained that the weapons were being purchased to liberate the “occupied” lands of Azerbaijan. Iran warns ...
Turkish Weekly - March 1, 2012
Tensions between Azerbaijan and Iran have again been raised after Baku bought arms worth $1.5 billion from Tehran’s foe Israel. Azerbaijan’s ambassador was summoned to Iran’s Foreign Ministry Feb. 28, to explain the weapons deal and to receive a warning that Israel must not be permitted to use Azerbaijan in order to stage “terrorist acts” against Iran. The Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry said the reported weapons purchases, which it did not confirm had been made, were not intended to threaten Iran. “Our foreign policy is not directed against ...
Yahoo! News – 14 hours ago
[ 16 Articles Available ]
- IAEA: Iran Turns its Enriched Uranium Into Less Harmful Form (VOA News)
- West still struggles to cut feared bomb risk in Iran nuclear talks (Reuters)
Yahoo! News – July 19, 2014
[ 39 Articles Available ]
- Extension of Iran nuclear talks gets mixed Israeli response (Reuters)
- Nations agree to 4-month extension of Iranian nuclear negotiations (CNN)
Yahoo! News – July 17, 2014
[ 3 Articles Available ]
- West considers early sanctions moves in troubled Iran nuclear talks (Reuters)
- West mulls easing Iran sanctions (Khaleej Times)
Xinhua – July 17, 2014
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Iranian president backs extension of nuclear talks (Yahoo! News)
- President Obama Considering Deadline Extension for Iran Talks (Wall Street Journal)
Reuters – July 16, 2014
[ 33 Articles Available ]
- For Its Nuclear Program, Time Is on Iran's Side (Newsweek)
- Iran, powers seek to agree terms for extending nuclear talks: diplomats (Yahoo! News)
Yahoo! News – July 14, 2014
[ 28 Articles Available ]
- Kerry and Iran's Zarif meet for second day as nuclear deadline looms (Reuters)
- No Iran breakthrough with Kerry in Vienna (Washington Post)
USA Today – July 14, 2014
[ 3 Articles Available ]
- Climate change signals the end of Australian shiraz as we know it (Reuters)
- In Australia, the End of Shiraz as We Know It? (Boston Globe)
Yahoo! News – July 12, 2014
[ 9 Articles Available ]
- Western foreign ministers to discuss Israel and Gaza at Iran talks (Reuters)
- Iran urges world to stand by Palestinians (Tehran Times)
Yahoo! News – July 11, 2014
[ 22 Articles Available ]
- Kerry, other foreign ministers to join Iran nuclear talks in Vienna (Reuters)
- Kerry to travel to Vienna for Iran talks this weekend (Al-Arabiya)
Washington Post – July 10, 2014
[ 3 Articles Available ]
- Lawmakers Want a Say on Iran Nuclear Deal (Wall Street Journal)
- House majority demands Obama consult Congress on Iran nuclear deal (Iran Focus)
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically
by a computer program.
The Service is designed to help you find news information that resides on sites not owned or controlled by Persiancity.com. In particular, the Service provides brief descriptions of news stories to help you identify the stories of interest to you. When you select a story, you will be linked to the news site on which that story appears. Persiancity.com owns and retains all intellectual property rights to the Service; but Persiancity.com does not claim ownership rights to the full news stories, which are instead held by the sites to which the Service links.