Latest Breaking Iran News
Lates streaming news from all news sources about Iran.
Can Iran Play a Part in Syria Solution?
and 5 related articles
NY Times - June 9, 2012
Syrians on Thursday denounced an alleged government massacre in al-Qubair in this photograph supplied by the opposition./ LONDON — As Western leaders on Thursday denounced the latest , moves were afoot to bring Iran into international efforts toward a peaceful resolution of the conflict. In more than a year of unrest and repression, Iran has been regarded — at least in the West — as part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Tehran has been accused of supplying the regime of President Bashar al-Assad with weapons and money to ...
Yahoo! News - June 9, 2012
"The situation in Syria is becoming more alarming," on the crisis. "An impression is being created that Syria is on the verge of a full-scale civil conflict." He said two recent attacks had put Russians in the capital Damascus in danger: a bus carrying Russian specialists that came under fire on Saturday and a Friday grenade attack on a building where Russians live. There were no injuries, he said. Despite growing concerns that the situation may be spinning out of control, Russia as a member of the "will not sanction the use of force," he ...
Yahoo! News - June 8, 2012
UN monitors are to try again on Friday to reach the site of a Syrian massacre after being shot at in their first attempt, as urged united action to stop the crisis from spiralling out of control. In a closed-door briefing to the UN Security Council, the UN-Arab League envoy called on world powers to warn 's regime of "clear consequences" unless it abides by his widely flouted peace plan, a diplomat told AFP. "The longer we wait, the darker the future looks for Annan called for "united" and "substantial" pressure on Assad, and said there ...
Trend - June 9, 2012
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov stressed Iran's vital role and influence in resolving regional issues, and said Tehran as a regional powerhouse should be included in a contact group to put an end to the Syrian crisis, FNA reported. Gatilov said that Russia supports UN-Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan's proposal of setting up an international contact group to bring together key global and regional players to help put an early end to the 16- month Syrian crisis. The senior diplomat noted that such a group should include ...
Iran Focus - June 9, 2012
International attempts to find a solution to the violence in Syria would be "unworkable" if they involved Iran, a UK Foreign Office minister has said. Middle East minister Alistair Burt said the regime in Tehran had supported president Bashar Assad's crackdown on opposition groups in Syria. Peace envoy Kofi Annan has proposed creating a contact group of countries, possibly including Iran, which could help resolve the crisis. But Mr Burt said it was "very difficult to see" how the involvement of Iran could help. At the United Nations, former ...
Huffington Post – One hour ago
[ 10 Articles Available ]
- Iran frees US-Iranian, three journalists still held-source (Reuters)
- Iran releases 1 detainee seized with reporter (CNN)
Xinhua – 22 hours ago
[ 7 Articles Available ]
- Iran's supreme leader accuses Israel of Gaza 'genocide' (Yahoo! News)
- Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei Calls For Arming Gaza To Fight Israel (Huffington Post)
Yahoo! News – July 27, 2014
[ 7 Articles Available ]
- Iran urges Muslim countries to help end Gaza blockade (One India)
- Iran, Oman urge global efforts to end Gaza blockade (Press TV)
Washington Post – July 25, 2014
[ 19 Articles Available ]
- Iran detains four journalists, three of them Iranian-American, says CPJ (Yahoo! News)
- Report: Four journalists detained in Iran, three of them Americans (CNN)
Tehran Times – July 25, 2014
[ 3 Articles Available ]
- Iran asks Egypt to permit its aid pass to Gaza (Trend)
- Iran Gaza aid ready for shipment (Press TV)
VOA News – July 25, 2014
[ 12 Articles Available ]
- Iran rallies for Gaza, Rouhani slams world 'silence' (Yahoo! News)
- Iranians tell Palestinians to fight against Israel: state TV (Reuters)
Reuters – July 24, 2014
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Boeing Signs Deal To Sell Airplane Parts To Iran (Nasdaq)
- Boeing to provide Iran Air with plane parts: Report (Press TV)
Xinhua – July 23, 2014
[ 5 Articles Available ]
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in early September: state TV (Reuters)
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in early September: state TV (Yahoo! News)
Yahoo! News – July 22, 2014
[ 16 Articles Available ]
- IAEA: Iran Turns its Enriched Uranium Into Less Harmful Form (VOA News)
- West still struggles to cut feared bomb risk in Iran nuclear talks (Reuters)
Yahoo! News – July 19, 2014
[ 39 Articles Available ]
- Extension of Iran nuclear talks gets mixed Israeli response (Reuters)
- Nations agree to 4-month extension of Iranian nuclear negotiations (CNN)
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically
by a computer program.
The Service is designed to help you find news information that resides on sites not owned or controlled by Persiancity.com. In particular, the Service provides brief descriptions of news stories to help you identify the stories of interest to you. When you select a story, you will be linked to the news site on which that story appears. Persiancity.com owns and retains all intellectual property rights to the Service; but Persiancity.com does not claim ownership rights to the full news stories, which are instead held by the sites to which the Service links.