Latest Breaking Iran News
Lates streaming news from all news sources about Iran.
Can Iran Play a Part in Syria Solution?
and 5 related articles
NY Times - June 9, 2012
Syrians on Thursday denounced an alleged government massacre in al-Qubair in this photograph supplied by the opposition./ LONDON — As Western leaders on Thursday denounced the latest , moves were afoot to bring Iran into international efforts toward a peaceful resolution of the conflict. In more than a year of unrest and repression, Iran has been regarded — at least in the West — as part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Tehran has been accused of supplying the regime of President Bashar al-Assad with weapons and money to ...
Yahoo! News - June 9, 2012
"The situation in Syria is becoming more alarming," on the crisis. "An impression is being created that Syria is on the verge of a full-scale civil conflict." He said two recent attacks had put Russians in the capital Damascus in danger: a bus carrying Russian specialists that came under fire on Saturday and a Friday grenade attack on a building where Russians live. There were no injuries, he said. Despite growing concerns that the situation may be spinning out of control, Russia as a member of the "will not sanction the use of force," he ...
Yahoo! News - June 8, 2012
UN monitors are to try again on Friday to reach the site of a Syrian massacre after being shot at in their first attempt, as urged united action to stop the crisis from spiralling out of control. In a closed-door briefing to the UN Security Council, the UN-Arab League envoy called on world powers to warn 's regime of "clear consequences" unless it abides by his widely flouted peace plan, a diplomat told AFP. "The longer we wait, the darker the future looks for Annan called for "united" and "substantial" pressure on Assad, and said there ...
Trend - June 9, 2012
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov stressed Iran's vital role and influence in resolving regional issues, and said Tehran as a regional powerhouse should be included in a contact group to put an end to the Syrian crisis, FNA reported. Gatilov said that Russia supports UN-Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan's proposal of setting up an international contact group to bring together key global and regional players to help put an early end to the 16- month Syrian crisis. The senior diplomat noted that such a group should include ...
Iran Focus - June 9, 2012
International attempts to find a solution to the violence in Syria would be "unworkable" if they involved Iran, a UK Foreign Office minister has said. Middle East minister Alistair Burt said the regime in Tehran had supported president Bashar Assad's crackdown on opposition groups in Syria. Peace envoy Kofi Annan has proposed creating a contact group of countries, possibly including Iran, which could help resolve the crisis. But Mr Burt said it was "very difficult to see" how the involvement of Iran could help. At the United Nations, former ...
Yahoo! News – One hour ago
[ 16 Articles Available ]
- Iran's Rouhani: U.S. Strikes In Syria Illegal (Huffington Post)
- Iran's Rouhani says ties with Saudis deserve to be warmer (Reuters)
Reuters – 22 hours ago
[ 13 Articles Available ]
- Concern over US concessions as Iran seeks to leverage ISIS issue in ... (Fox News)
- Kerry meets with Iran foreign minister on nuclear program (CBS News)
Reuters – Sept 22, 2014
[ 7 Articles Available ]
- Iran seeks expansion of all-round ties with Saudi Arabia (Xinhua)
- Iran foreign minister hails 'new chapter' in Saudi ties: IRNA (Yahoo! News)
Yahoo! News – Sept 21, 2014
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Chinese destroyer docks in Iran, first such visit (Washington Post)
- Iran, China Prepare For Joint Naval Exercises (Radio Free Europe)
Yahoo! News – Sept 20, 2014
[ 15 Articles Available ]
- United States says role for Iran in tackling Islamic State (Reuters)
- Iran presence at anti-ISIL forum was necessary: Iraq president (Press TV)
Yahoo! News – Sept 19, 2014
[ 11 Articles Available ]
- Iran can no longer stall in nuclear talks: German foreign minister (Reuters)
- Iran, World Powers Meet in New York for Nuclear Talks (VOA News)
USA Today – Sept 19, 2014
[ 11 Articles Available ]
- 'Happy' Iranians get suspended jail, lashes sentences (Yahoo! News)
- Iran's "Happy" dancers get a stern warning (CBS News)
VOA News – Sept 18, 2014
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Nuclear deal elusive as Iran, six powers resume talks in New York (Reuters)
- Iran Says Its Committed to Nuclear Deal (Nasdaq)
Yahoo! News – Sept 17, 2014
[ 8 Articles Available ]
- Iranian Foreign Minister: America Helped Create ISIS And Is Taking The ... (Huffington Post)
- Coalition Of One: Iran Leads Own Fight Against Islamic State Militants (Radio Free Europe)
Business Week – Sept 17, 2014
[ 5 Articles Available ]
- France Drops Remaining Charges Against Iranian Dissident Group (Wall Street Journal)
- France drops case against Iranian dissidents after 11-year probe (Reuters)
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically
by a computer program.
The Service is designed to help you find news information that resides on sites not owned or controlled by Persiancity.com. In particular, the Service provides brief descriptions of news stories to help you identify the stories of interest to you. When you select a story, you will be linked to the news site on which that story appears. Persiancity.com owns and retains all intellectual property rights to the Service; but Persiancity.com does not claim ownership rights to the full news stories, which are instead held by the sites to which the Service links.