Latest Breaking Iran News
Lates streaming news from all news sources about Iran.
UN Nuclear Experts Plan Another Visit to Tehran
and 9 related articles
VOA News - Feb 1, 2012
Herman Nackaerts (L), deputy director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency [IAEA] who headed the six-member IAEA mission to Iran, talks to journalists on his arrival from Tehran at the international airport in Vienna, February 1, 2012./ The United Nation's nuclear agency's chief inspector says he had a "good" visit to Iran and plans to make another trip in the "very near future" to discuss Iran's controversial nuclear program. Speaking Wednesday in Vienna after returning from Tehran, Herman Nackaerts said his team of ...
BBC - Feb 1, 2012
UN nuclear inspectors back from a trip to Iran to discuss its contested nuclear programme have said the country is "committed" to "resolving all outstanding issues". The International Atomic Energy Agency said another visit to Tehran was planned for later this month. Inspectors described their visit as positive but said there was still work to do. Iran insists its uranium enrichment work is peaceful in purpose. The IAEA's Deputy Director-General Herman Nackaerts said his organisation and the Iranians were both determined to address all ...
Huffington Post - Feb 1, 2012
- A senior U.N. nuclear inspector spoke Wednesday of a "good trip" to Tehran and the agency said his team will return to Iran's capital in late February, indicating progress on attempts to investigate suspicions that Iran is secretly working on nuclear weapons. The International Atomic Energy Agency's announcement of a renewed mission to Tehran Feb. 21 came just hours after the return of a senior team and word from the team leader that a new trip was planned "in the very near future." Neither the IAEA's formal statement nor mission Head ...
VOA News - Feb 2, 2012
The United Nation's nuclear agency's chief inspector says he had a “good” visit to Iran and plans to make another trip in the “very near future” to discuss Iran's controversial nuclear program. Speaking Wednesday in Vienna after returning from Tehran, Herman Nackaerts said his team of International Atomic Energy Agency experts had three days of “intensive discussions” with Iran about all of its nuclear aims. The West fears Iran is developing a nuclear weapons capability. Iran says its nuclear ambitions are peaceful. Nackaerts said the IAEA ...
Christian Science Monitor - Feb 2, 2012
Wednesday, team leader Herman Nackaerts said the agency and Iran are "committed to resolve all the outstanding issues" and that a follow-up visit is in the "very near future." The visit was the 's first since it released a report in which it charged that Iran had conducted nuclear weapons work in the past, setting off a wave of international actions against the Islamic Republic. The IAEA team held three days of discussions with Iranian officials about Iran's nuclear program, but did not visit any nuclear sites. The discussions were Iran's ...
Reuters - Feb 2, 2012
Herman Nackaerts, head of a delegation of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), talks to journalists on his way to Iran at the international airport in Vienna January 28, 2012./ (Reuters) - Senior U.N. nuclear inspectors plan another trip to Iran later this month after holding what both sides described as good talks on the Islamic state's disputed atomic program. The Jan 29-31 talks in Tehran were a rare direct dialogue in the long-running international stand-off, which has worsened in recent weeks as the West pursues a punitive ...
Yahoo! News - Feb 1, 2012
VIENNA – A senior U.N. nuclear official says a new trip to Iran is planned "in the very near future," indicating some progress on just ended talks with Tehran over its atomic program. Herman Nackaerts of the International Atomic Energy Agency spoke at Vienna airport after a return flight from Tehran. He said Wednesday the Iranians say they are "committed" to progress, "so we have planned another trip in the very near future." The IAEA went to Tehran looking for answers on suspicions that Iran has been hiding work on aspects of a nuclear ...
San Francisco Chronicle - Feb 2, 2012
Herman Nackaerts, Deputy Director General and Head of the Department of Safeguards of the International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA, arrives after his flight from Iran at Vienna's Schwechat airport, Austria, Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2012./ A senior U.N. nuclear inspector spoke Wednesday of a "good trip" to Tehran and the agency said his team will return to Iran's capital in late February, indicating progress on attempts to investigate suspicions that Iran is secretly working on nuclear weapons. The International Atomic Energy Agency's announcement ...
Yahoo! News - Feb 1, 2012
VIENNA (Reuters) – The U.N. nuclear watchdog said on Wednesday it had held "good" talks in Iran about suspicions Tehran was seeking atomic weapons but more discussions were needed. "We are committed to resolving all the outstanding issues and the Iranians certainly are committed too. But of course there is still a lot of work to be done and so we have planned another trip in the very near future," Herman Nackaerts, deputy director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), told reporters after returning from three days of ...
Reuters – 14 minutes ago
[ 5 Articles Available ]
- Iran to help Lebanon army fight extremists (Yahoo! News)
- Iran to give military grant to Lebanese army (Gulf News)
Yahoo! News – Two hours ago
[ 12 Articles Available ]
- Iran: Netanyahu Speech 'Baselessly' Associates Islamic State, Islamic World (VOA News)
- Netanyahu: Iranian Nukes Too High a Price for Their Help Against IS (Newsweek)
Radio Free Europe – Sept 28, 2014
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Vigil in Idaho city for pastor jailed in Iran (Washington Post)
- Vigil in Idaho city for pastor jailed in Iran (Yahoo! News)
Yahoo! News – Sept 27, 2014
[ 6 Articles Available ]
- Iran to counter IS militants in Iraq if threatened: commander (Xinhua)
- Iran fully ready to counter ISIL militants: Commander (Press TV)
Wall Street Journal – Sept 27, 2014
[ 21 Articles Available ]
- No breakthrough in Iran nuclear talks, sides agree to keep talking (Reuters)
- Rouhani says 'courageous decisions' needed to clinch nuclear deal (Yahoo! News)
Xinhua – Sept 25, 2014
[ 4 Articles Available ]
- Rare chance for West to solve fabricated N-issue: Iran (Press TV)
- Iranian negotiator: No agreement on major issues in nuclear talks (Trend)
Fox News – Sept 26, 2014
[ 7 Articles Available ]
- US considers new offer to Iran at nuke talks (Washington Post)
- US considers new offer to Iran at nuke talks (Yahoo! News)
Financial Times – Sept 26, 2014
[ 3 Articles Available ]
- UPDATE 2-Iran urges OPEC to stop oil slide, Gulf members relaxed (Reuters)
- Iran Urges OPEC to Stop Further Falls in Oil Prices (Wall Street Journal)
Reuters – Sept 25, 2014
[ 7 Articles Available ]
- Iran Blames Western Influences for Rise of Islamic State (Newsweek)
- Iran's president: Let region tackle extremists (USA Today)
Yahoo! News – Sept 25, 2014
[ 9 Articles Available ]
- Iran's Rouhani, UK's Cameron have historic, 'constructive' meeting (CNN)
- Iran responds to PM Cameron's statements, accuses UK of supporting ... (Trend)
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically
by a computer program.
The Service is designed to help you find news information that resides on sites not owned or controlled by Persiancity.com. In particular, the Service provides brief descriptions of news stories to help you identify the stories of interest to you. When you select a story, you will be linked to the news site on which that story appears. Persiancity.com owns and retains all intellectual property rights to the Service; but Persiancity.com does not claim ownership rights to the full news stories, which are instead held by the sites to which the Service links.