Torshi-e Makhloot Recipe روش تهیه ترشی مخلوط
mixed pickles with herbs
Recipe for Servings
- small eggplants, 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
- very small cucumbers, 500 grams (1.1 lbs) (available from Iranian or middle-eastern stores)
- small carrots, 500 grams (1.1 lbs)
- small cauliflower, one
- green beans, 250 grams (0.55 lbs)
- small potatoes, 250 grams (0.55 lbs)
- shallots (or small onions), 150 grams
- small celery, one
- green peppers, 250 grams (0.55 lbs)
- herbs (parsley, coriander, mint, tarragon, basil), 250 grams (0.55 lbs)
- white vinegar
- black pepper
Wash eggplants and bake in the oven at medium temperature for about
15-20 minutes. Allow to cool, then peel skins away. Place in a
strainer and add some salt. Leave overnight or for several hours
until all water has left eggplants. Chop very finely, add some
vinegar, and mix well.
Wash herbs and allow to dry completely. Chop very finely and add some
vinegar. Wash cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, potatoes,
celery, and green peppers. Peel shallots (or onions), cucumbers,
potatoes, and carrots. Chop all of them very finely. Add salt and
spread on a piece of cloth. Leave overnight or for several hours.
Add everything to eggplants and herbs. Add some more vinegar, salt
and black pepper, and mix well.
Store in a cool, dry place for 2-3 months. When removing
eggplants from the jar, use a clean, oil-free spoon or fork.