TV & RADIO
search Entire Web FOR:
• Submit a Business
Open Web Directory
Web Directory - Health: Mental Health: Organizations
Child and Adolescent Focus
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Associations
This category in other languages:
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Non profit organization composed of psychiatrists and physicians who seek to provide resources to help children and adolescents with mental disorders.
The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- A multidisciplinary network of professionals committed to the advancement of intervention for survivors of trauma. Members in every state of the United States and over 40 foreign countries.
American Academy of Psychotherapists
- A multi-disciplinary group committed to the art and science of psychotherapy.
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Professionally developed resources for practitioners and consumers of marriage and family therapy. Site also offers a search engine for finding a qualified therapist in your area.
American Association for Therapeutic Humor
- AATH. Therapeutic humor resources and articles. Develops and supports research into the use of humor in therapy.
American College of Counselors
- ACC is an inter-disciplinary collegial organization composed of counselors, marriage and family therapists, pastoral counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, and other mental health professionals. Find details and about the organization and how to join.
American College of Mental Health Administration
- National organization for mental health and substance abuse administrators, consumers, and family leaders.
American Counseling Association
- The ACA promotes the counseling profession through work in advocacy, research and professional standards. The site has general information and on-line skill expansion courses.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a leading not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to preventing suicide.
American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Enhances the profession of mental health counseling through advocacy, education and professional development.
American Orthopsychiatric Association
- A multidisciplinary membership association which focuses on clinical issues and social justice issues within the mental health care professions.
American Psychiatric Association
- U.S. and international members with the goal of ensuring humane care and effective treatment for all persons with mental disorder, including mental retardation and substance-related disorders.
American Psychiatric Foundation
- Provides grant support for programs in public education that increase awareness and understanding of mental disorders, advocacy initiatives that empower patients and their families to make informed healthcare choices, and research focused on the treatment and prevention of mental illness.
American Psychological Association
- Promotes research and represents the professional interests of psychologists in the United States. Includes information on publications and conferences, and a find-a-psychologist referral feature.
American Psychotherapy Association
- Membership information, newsletter, e-zine, and continuing education information.
APA Division 42: Psychologists in Independent Practice
- Public and members areas including mental health related articles and official documents.
Association for Assessment in Counseling
- Provides leadership, training, and research in measurement, assessment, and testing for counselors, educators and other professionals.
Association for Birth Psychology
- The first organization of professionals interested in the psychological impact of pregnancy, birth, and the perinatal period on personality. Research and clinical practice of psychotherapy and empirical investigation of the fetus, pregnancy, parents, and obstetical considerations.
Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
- A professional and user-friendly association of psychological therapists who work online. Includes organization details, FAQs, training, code of ethics, membership, and seeking a therapist.
Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice in the UK
- AFT members work to improve the standards of professional family therapy and systems practice by promoting family system ideas in practice, training, management and research.
Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners
- Provides information about therapists, counsellors, and other practitioners who apply the theories of Humanistic Psychology to their work.
Association of Mormon Counselors and Psychotherapists
- An international professional organization of mental health professionals whose common bond is adherence to the principles and standards of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Association of Practicing Psychologists
- APP members are practicing psychologists who are licensed in Maryland and who reside or practice in Montgomery and/or Prince George's Counties. Find a psychologist, continuing education, a history and how to join the APP.
Association of VA Psychologist Leaders
- Addresses the professional needs and concerns of Veterans Affairs psychologists.
Bio Balance Health, Inc.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting effective techniques of biochemical treatment for mental and behavioral disorders. Includes articles, upcoming events, information for patients and find a practitioner. Australia based.
British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Find details about BACP, find a therapist, regulations, news, and member information.
British Hypnotherapy Association
- An organization of practitioners who have had at least four years of relevant training and who comply with professional standards of competence and ethics in hypnotherapy.
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- A professional organization of MFTs. Find details about the CAMFT, conferences and workshops, and joining instructions. Also provides a private, online resource for finding a California therapist.
Canadian Academy Of Geriatric Psychiatry (CAGP)
- A national organization of psychiatrists dedicated to promoting mental health in the Canadian elderly population through clinical, educational and research activities of its members.
Canadian Union of Professional Psychotherapists
- Facilitating Psychotherapy research. Promote, inform, educate and help network of Psychotherapy by answering the needs of the practitioners and well-being market across Canada. Includes membership requirements, news, and the services offered.
Center for Mental Health - 'Partnering to Improve Lives'
- The Center is staffed by professionally trained teams who are able to provide quality care, diversifed programming, and a full range of community-based services.
Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health, CQAIMH
- Based at the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital, CQAIMH develops and tests methods to evaluate the quality of mental health care. Inventory of mental health quality measures. Useful to clinicians, care managers, payers, services researchers, and others involved in the assessment and improvement of mental health care. Provides a Consumer Guide to Obtaining Quality Mental Health Care.
Central Coast ARAFMI
- A community based organization giving support to family and friends of people with a mental illness or disorder. Find out who this service is for and how to become a member or a volunteer. Australia based.
Cherry Tree Sheltered Work Opportunities Project
- Cherry Tree Nursery and Plant Centre offers sheltered work rehabilitation for people with mental illness. It is a safe place to work, allowing people to regain strength, develop friendships, share problems and build self-esteem.
Christian Mental Health and Mental Illness - Mental Health Grace Alliance
- Mental Health Grace Alliance is a non-profit organization that provides recovery programs, support groups, training, and collaborative partnerships to impact mental health care.
Clear Blue Sky, US Virgin Islands
- CBS, VI is a Clubhouse community that provides opportunities for those living with mental illness to develop a joyous, purposeful life. CBS, VI is the first Clubhouse of its kind in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Coast Mental Health
- Coast promotes recovery of persons with mental illness.
Cyprus Mental Health Commission
- Gives the purpose and function of the commission, acts and reports, news, relevant legislation, the 1997 law, and conferences.
El Hogar Community Services, Inc.
- Provide services that contribute to the mental health and emotional well-being of individuals and families in the Sacramento community. Lists news, the locations, and offers a newsletter.
Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association
- A non-profit organization in which horses are used in the treatment of mental health.
European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA)
- Established to promote knowledge and research, develop theory, and ensure agreed standards of practice.
European Confederation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapies (ECPP)
- Official documents. The purposes and tasks. News and events.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
- EMDRIA promotes research and education.
Florida Psychological Assoication
- The Florida Psychological Association is the professional association of doctoral level licensed psychologists in the state of Florida. This site has information for member psychological about events, membership and information for the public about psychological issues.
Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training
- Training program for mental health professionals, and referral service in NYC area
Global Neuroscience Initiative Foundation
- An international charity organization for the advancement of neurological and mental health patient welfare, education, and research.
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma
- Caring for the health and mental needs of survivors of mass violence and torture, through a combined practice of clinical experience and medical research.
Institute for Health and Recovery
- IHR is a Massachusetts service, research, policy, and program development agency that cares for individuals affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, mental health problems, and violence/trauma. Find project details, and the services and products offered.
Institute for Integrative Psychotherapy
- Explains the role of the organization.
Institute for the Study of Therapeutic Change
- Association of therapists dedicated to improving therapy practices. Contains latest research on "what works" in therapy translated into principles for clinical practice.
Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
- Has information about membership, training, study groups and conferences.
Intentional Care Performance Standards
- These standards help bridge the gap between the principles of recovery and empowerment and the real-world application of these principles in the everyday work of direct service staff and their supervisors. They were developed by Advocates, Inc. and Patricia E. Deegan, Ph.D.
International Association For Regression Research and Therapies
- Offers training, certification, conferences, continuing education, and publications.
International Center for Clubhouse Development
- The ICCD promotes and protects the rights, opportunities and future of psychiatrically disabled men and women who are members of clubhouses all over the world.
International Neuropsychiatric Association Official Website.
- International Neuropsychiatric Association Official Website. The information resource on Neuropsychiatry
International Primal Association
- Explains the aims of the organization.
International Psychoanalytical Association
- Professional association for psychoanalysts worldwide. Online newsletter, forthcoming events, member services.
International Society for Mental Health Online
- Education, advocacy, and information organization for professionals and consumers.
International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine
- Society to educate health professionals and the public in the benefits and practice of orthomolecular medicine through publications, conferences and seminars. Contains research, newsletters, journal, membership and conference information.
International Society for the Psychoanalytic Study of Organizations
- Provides a forum for academics, clinicians, consultants and others interested in working in and with organizations utilizing psychoanalytic concepts and insights.
International Transactional Analysis Association
- A scientific organization which facilitates international communication.
ISIPT - International Society for Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Provides information about IPT and its clinical and research applications. It also provides background information and contact details for the Society.
The Kettle Friendship Society
- A non-profit agency providing support and services to those suffering from mental illness.
Law and Psychiatry Institute
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach to the field of forensic mental health.
Maine Clinical Counselors Association
- MCCA is a state-wide organization for professional counselors in clinical practice, representing various mental health disciplines working in independent practice and public and private agencies, hospitals, schools, universities, and businesses.
Mental Health America
- Dedicated to promoting mental health, preventing mental disorders and achieving victory over mental illnesses through advocacy, education, research and service. News, event calendar, position statements, history, mental health facts, donation information.
Mental Health Foundation
- An Australian, non-governmental agency offering services for mental health consumers in the Canberra region.
Mental Research Institute
- Training, workshops, clinical services, and research in interactional/systemic studies, psychotherapy, and family therapy.
- The National Association for Mental Health in the United Kingdom campaigns on behalf of those with mental illness. Includes mission statement, policies, and contact information.
Minnesota Association of Community Mental Health Programs, Inc.
- Non-profit organization dedicated to improving quality through education, public policy advocacy and member services.
National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression
- NARSAD is a national, not-for-profit organization whose primary objective is to raise funds to find the causes, cures, treatments, and prevention of severe brain disorders.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Hamilton County
- NAMI of Hamilton County is dedicated to improving the lives of families and individuals affected by mental illness through education, support, and advocacy.
National Association of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapists
- The NACBT provides certification in cognitive-behavioral therapy, along with seminars and workshops.
National Association Of Drug and Alcohol Intervention
- Professional certification for counselors and addiction therapists.
The National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors
- For the collective interests of State Mental Health Authorities and their directors at the national level. NASMHPD analyzes trends in the delivery and financing of mental health services and builds and disseminates knowledge and experience reflecting the integration of public mental health programming in evolving healthcare environments.
The National Bipolar Foundation
- The National Bipolar Foundation was founded to inform and educate people on the affects, and treatments of bipolar disorder. It also advocates for the rights of people with bipoar disorder.
The National Fair Access Coalition on Testing
- FACT's mission is to protect fair access to psychological and educational tests by properly trained professionals to better serve the public.
National Institute of Mental Health
- Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various mental illnesses. Included are brochures and information sheets, reports, press releases, fact sheets, and other educational materials.
National psychodrama training center
- Promotes a program which provides training in the psychodamatic method, lists workshop locations and dates, offers bios of trainers, and a guide to training.
National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- The organization's mission is to provide distinction and value to health service psychologists, to provide distinction and value and to guide psychology students and ECPs toward credentialing.
Northwest Alliance for Psychoanalytic Study
- Seattle-based, non-profit, interdisciplinary organization that includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, counselors and nurses. Dedicated to making psychoanalytic knowledge available and useful to interested professionals.
The Penny Parks Foundation
- Resolving childhood abuse and associated disorders.
Prairie St. John's Hospital
- Founded in 1997, Prairie St. John’s is a fully-licensed, 91-bed facility offering services for children, adolescents and adults to address mental health issues, chemical dependency or addiction and co-occurring disorders.
Psychiatric Studies Centre
- Association whose purpose is scientific research in the fields of psychiatry, psychopharmacology and social psychiatry.
The Psychiatry Research Trust
- A charity that raises funds for mental illness and brain disease research at a centre for psychiatric and psychological medicine. Contains information for the public written by leading experts.
- A public service of the International Psychogeriatric Association. Meeting schedule and news releases.
River Park Hospital
- River Park Hospital is a behavioral health care facility that provides services to individuals of all ages with psychiatric and emotional problems.
Rose Hill Center
- Rose Hill Center offers comprehensive psychiatric treatment and rehabilitation services in a peaceful setting. Our mission is to provide an effective therapeutic program for adults with mental illness so that they can learn to manage their symptoms, achieve their highest level of independence and go on to lead rewarding lives.
The Sandtray Network
- A non-profit organization founded to promote learning, healing, and creativity through the use of the sandtray.
Scottsdale Psychological Society
- SPS is a nonprofit professional organization for licensed psychologists. Find details about the organization, find a care provider in AZ, and contact information. Scottsdale, Arizona.
Screening for Mental Health
- Organization dedicated to coordinating nationwide mental health screening programs and to ensure cooperation, professionalism, and accountability in mental illness screenings. Contains support information for setting up screenings for specific disorders.
Society of Biological Psychiatry
- Professional association supports research in medical psychiatry with humanitarian, emotional, psychological, and socio-cultural orientation.
- Non-profit advocacy organization with a national database listing providers of home and community-based services for people with mental retardation and developmental disabilities. News, links, glossary, sponsors, and resources.
United States of America Transactional Analysis Association
- A community of psychotherapy professionals.
Violent Death Bereavement Society
- Forum of information and training for service providers offering assistance to relatives.
World Federation for Mental Health
- Seeks to improve mental health services, reduce the stigma associated with mental and emotional disorders, protect human rights of the mentally ill, promote mental health, and identify mental health issues.
Suggest a Business
Business Directory (Yellow pages)
Iranian TV & Radio
Advertise With Us
Copyright © 1999-2013 persiancity.com. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service