TV & RADIO
search Entire Web FOR:
• Submit a Business
Open Web Directory
Web Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric Physics
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Environment: Climate Change
This category in other languages:
1976 Standard Atmosphere Calculator
- The online 1976 standard atmosphere calculator computes atmospheric properties like density, temperature, pressure and speed of sound up to 86 kilometers altitude. Graphics and a table generator are included.
- Personal page describing Dr. Russell's work on thunderstorm development through projects like CSIP and COPS, and Southern Hemispheric atmospheric circulation signals in Antarctic ice cores.
- Photo visual spectacles produced by light playing on water drops, dust and ice crystals in the atmosphere. Explanations applying atmospheric physics, images and downloadable freeware to simulate them.
Auroras: Paintings in the Sky
- What are auroras? What makes them happen? What do they look like? Where can you see them? Photos and QuickTime movies of the northern lights, and Realaudio interviews with NASA scientists.
The Community Coordinated Modeling Center
- Provides the space weather research community with model runs on request, visualization and analysis tools, validation and metrics information, and experimental real-time model runs and coupled model runs.
Diana William Bou Karam
- Personal page of Dr Karam where she describes her research into the effect of dust in the atmosphere. A long term mesoscale observation-modeling approach is used to analyze the radiative impact.
How do the Dynamics of the Troposphere Affect the Chemistry of the Stratosphere?
- Study examining the effects of tropospheric dynamics and the changes that occur due to different concentrations of greenhouse gases. [PDF]
ICARE: Cloud-Aerosol-Water-Radiation Interactions
- Project to provide various services to support the research community in fields related to atmospheric research, such as aerosols, clouds, radiation and the water cycle and their interactions.
Kulgun.net- Atmospheric Optics
- Explanations of atmospheric optical phenomena occurring in photos in Kulgun, Australia and South Pole station in Antarctica.
Liquid Nitrogen Simulation of Aurora Borealis
- Unified Field Theory explains Auroras Borealis and Australis and suggests an experimental simulation using an iron core container with electric coil wrapping and electron gun.
- The Light Precipitation Validation Experiment is an international field experiment to evaluate and improve satellite-based precipitation estimates at high latitudes.
McGreevy Ground-based VLF Recordings
- Earth's natural electromagnetic radio transmissions.
NASA CERES Ocean Validation Experiment
- The CERES Ocean Validation Experiment (COVE) provides continuous radiation measurements at the Chesapeake Lighthouse for validation of The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) and other satellite products associated with NASA's Earth Observing System (EOS).
Natural Radio Listening: Streaming Audio
- Provides information on natural radio signals in the very low frequency range, how to observe dynamic spectrum, and where to find online sources of streaming audio available on the internet.
- An online database of upper atmosphere, weather, and model data.
Optical Spectrograph and InfraRed Imaging System
- OSIRIS data, presentations and system status from the atmospheric research group at the Institute of Space and Atmospheric Studies.
Riometers for Measuring High Latitude Ionospheric Absorption
- Current riometer instruments in production and choices in selecting an instrument for various research projects.
Secrets of the Polar Aurora
- Overview of the polar aurora, by a scientist; illustrated, with history and relevant physics.
SID Monitoring Station A118
- Sudden ionospheric disturbances resulting from solar flares being measured at a station in France. Includes real time data and station descriptions.
Space Weather Resources
- Very large, categorized collection of links related to the interaction of solar wind and the magnetosphere.
- Provides line-by-line simulation of high resolution infrared atmospheric gas spectra. Supporting this are the blackbody calculator, atmosphere constituent browser and the sun position calculator.
UV Radiation, Ozone and Aerosols
- Personal blog of Dr. Manuel Anton in which he discusses news, conferences and articles about ultraviolet radiation and ozone.
Why is the Sky Blue?
- Why is the sky blue in language that everyone can understand.
Suggest a Business
Business Directory (Yellow pages)
Iranian TV & Radio
Advertise With Us
Copyright © 1999-2014 persiancity.com. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service