TV & RADIO
search Entire Web FOR:
• Submit a Business
Open Web Directory
Web Directory - Science: Physics: Electromagnetism
Electromagnetic Field and the Environment
Courses and Tutorials
Products and Services
Science: Biology: Biophysics
Science: Physics: Education
Science: Physics: Optics
Science: Physics: Quantum Mechanics
Science: Technology: Electrical Engineering
Science: Technology: Electronics
Science: Technology: Materials: Superconductors
This category in other languages:
- Online book which covers topics from ohms law to digital circuits. Contains interactive troubleshooting simulations.
CdTe Gamma Detectors Equipped With Ohmic Contacts
- Gamma induced currents in CdTe and CdZnTe semiconductor detectors equipped with ohmic contacts are not sensitive to hole trapping.
- Provides a fully integrated line of tools, products and services in electrical engineering.
Differential Forms in Electromagnetic Theory
- Research group at Brigham Young University is investigating the use of the calculus of differential forms in teaching and research.
Einstein–de Haas Effect
- Article from Wikipedia on this physical phenomenon demonstrated by Albert Einstein and Wander Johannes de Haas in Germany in the mid 1910's.
Electricity from Lightning
- Site addresses the power of lightning, and the question of how to harness that power, whether there are substantial reasons not to.
- A virtual experiment on creating electric current with a changing magnetic field.
Electromagnetic Radiation Spectrum Poster
- A poster of all known ranges of EMR including gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet light, visible light, infrared, microwaves, radio waves.
- A NASA site listing the various wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation.
- Authors' web pages for the textbook "Electromagnetism", by G. L. Pollack and D. R. Stump, published by Addison-Wesley.
- Surface electromigration refers to the directed motion of atoms (adatoms) at solid surfaces, grain boundaries and interfaces which is caused by an electric current in the bulk of the material. It is considered a key factor determining the reliability of integrated circuits.
Electrostatic Solutions Ltd
- Static electricity information and expertise, ESD in electronics manufacture, how to avoid electrostatic fires, ESD training, research and consultancy.
- Main equations and formulae of electrostatics.
- Tutorials and information on electromagnetics and microwave engineering topics.
High Field Magnet Laboratory (HFML)
- Research in the high magnetic field facility in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- Scientific instrument company specialising in Optical and Electronic Measurement Systems, UK.
How a Compass Works
- Explanation of how compasses work and how to make your own, from How Stuff Works.
How a Metal Detector Works
- Interactive Java tutorial explaining the principles of electromagnetic induction.
How an Electromagnet Works
- Explanation of principles and experiments, from How Stuff Works.
How Solar Cells Work
- Principles of operation of silicon photovoltaic cells.
How Van de Graaff Generators Work
- Description of Van de Graaff generators and static electricity, from How Stuff Works.
Is it Possible to Generate Electricity Directly from Heat?
- A brief explanation from How Stuff Works.
- A small web site devoted to the vanishing art of practical magnet design without FEA, including field formulas for simple conductor configurations, air core solenoids and Helmholtz Coils.
- Educational information on magnet properties. Maintained by the company Rare-Earth Magnetics.
- Description of Maxwell's equations.
Maxwell's Equations and Electromagnetic Waves
- An overview of Maxwell's Equations and how they determine the speed of light.
Negative Permittivity and Permeability Material
- The true "left handed" material is described. In this medium, light waves are expected to exhibit a reverse Doppler effect.
Paradoxes of Modern Electrodynamics
- Provides analysis of some modern electrodynamics concepts including peculiarities and «white spots» in the model of an electromagnetic wave. The site is in English and Russian.
PowerLabs Rail Gun
- Electromagnetic capacitor powered 20kJ rail gun research.
Science Ebooks Ezine
- This site offers a variety of electronics and physics animations and visual aides for teachers or students.
- Project undertaken by students at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Includes principles of operation of solar cells, photovoltaic effect, pn junctions, generation and recombination.
- Research conducted at the University of Amsterdam utilizing x-ray magneto-optical techniques for the study of thin film and nanometric magnetic systems.
- Website by Jeremy Smallwood on static electricity. Describes the physics phenomena, possible electrostatic damages, materials for electrostatic solutions, and standards. Gives advice on solution of common problems.
Static Electricity Projects
- Site devoted to projects utilizing static electricity (motors, generators) which are simple enough and can be relatively easily built.
Vacuum Tube Diode
- A demonstration of how a vacuum tube diode works.
The Van de Graaff Generator Website
- Information on how Van de Graaff Generators work, typical classroom demonstrations, and instructions for building one.
VRML Gallery of Electromagnetism
- Visualization of the electromagnetic field.
- Images of magnets and their uses, experiments, a discussion board about magnet-related topics, and an elementary primer on magnetism and magnetic physics.
X-ray Optics and Microscopy at Stony Brook
- Research describing use of coherent soft X-rays for optics experiments, including Fresnel zone plates, to produce the smallest focused spot of electromagnetic waves for studies of biological and materials science specimens.
Suggest a Business
Business Directory (Yellow pages)
Iranian TV & Radio
Advertise With Us
Copyright © 1999-2013 persiancity.com. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service