TV & RADIO
search Entire Web FOR:
• Submit a Business
Open Web Directory
Graphemics and Orthography
Web Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Graphemics and Orthography
Computers: Software: Globalization: Character Encoding
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Topics: Epigraphy
- Guide to all major alphabets, syllabaries and other writing systems. Also includes information on languages and links to other online language resources.
A Philippine Leaf
- A description of literacy and writing systems in Pre-Hispanic Philippines.
Amanye Tenceli:The Writing Systems of Aman
- Complete descriptions of the Sarati and Tengwar scripts created by J.R.R. Tolkien for his celebrated artificial languages. Also includes fonts and specialized writing programs.
Ancient Scripts of the World
- Lawrence Lo describes the origins, types and families of writing systems. Sections on phonetics, historical linguistics. Bibliography and links.
C. C. Elian
- An alternative writing system exemplified through art works that are visually similar to Asian and Middle Eastern systems, but based on Western concepts of language as it relates to perception and the implied ability to experience and control reality.
Creative Ideas: Evolutions in the English Lexicon
- The combination of the symbology of the English language with that of mathematics to create new meanings.
- Describes the Eskaya people of Bohol, and their writing, numerical, and calendar system, as well as links to information about other Philippine scripts.
Indian Alphabet Comparison
- A comparison of written Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali and Gujarati by Eden Golshani.
- Links to sites of interest in multilingual computing and other closely related areas of scripts and languages as well as a guide for finding language fonts on the Internet.
- Samples of non-Latin writing systems, including Cyrillic, Aramaic, a syllabary, and a phonetic system.
- Encyclopedia of western signs and ideograms. More than 2,500 signs, from ideograms to graffiti, arranged into groups according to their graphic characteristics. Their histories, uses, and meanings.
The Numbers in Various Writing Systems
- Numbers 1-10, in syllabaries, consonantal scripts, and sign.
Truetype fonts by Curtis Clark
- Downloadable Truetype fonts of ancient alphabets.
World Writing Systems
- Features linguistic basics of writing systems, attempts of spelling reforms, social and political aspects of many languages' orthographies.
Suggest a Business
Business Directory (Yellow pages)
Iranian TV & Radio
Advertise With Us
Copyright © 1999-2013 persiancity.com. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service