TV & RADIO
search Entire Web FOR:
• Submit a Business
Open Web Directory
Science and Technology
Genetically Modified Food
Web Directory - Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics: Genetically Modified Food
Bovine Growth Hormones
Impacts on Hunger
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Plant: Genetic Modification
Society: Issues: Environment: Food and Drink
This category in other languages:
- Sponsored by scientists in favor of crop biotechnology. Members include Nobel Prize winners Norman Bourlaug and James Watson.
- Personal pages give an overview of the extent of genetic engineering in plants and animals as well what some of the hazards might be.
Alliance for Better Foods
- Encourages fact-based discussion about developments in plant biotechnology.
BBC Special report: Food under the microscope
- Questions and answers, articles, and a debate between a biotech company and Greenpeace, plus links to pro and con sites.
Center for Food Safety
- An environmental and public health organization which has initiated landmark legal actions against the FDA and EPA to preserve the integrity of the food supply.
- The project deals with the co-existence and traceability in the GM and non-GM supply chains. Co-Extra is a 4-years Integrated Project funded by the European Commission. News, events and information about the project.
Debunking Myths of Genetic Engineering in Crops
- Article attacking genetic engineering, with references, by E. Ann Clark.
Engineering Crops in a Needy World
- Presentation of the genetically modified food debate in India.
Genetic Engineering In Agriculture
- A virtual book about applications of genetic engineering in agriculture,and about the movement trying to discredit it.
Genetically Engineered Foods - Safety Problems
- Health and environmental problems with genetically engineered crops and foods explained in a summarized form. Authored by a global scientist network for independent interdisciplinary evaluation of the safety and value of new technologies.
Genetically Manipulated Food News
- Information on the spread of genetic modification in the food supply as well as the politics and legal issues. Searchable index by subject and date.
Genetically Modified Food - UK and World News
- Archive of news articles about GM foods, from 1998 to the present. Also includes editorials about the risks, lack of safety testing, and proponents of the products.
Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Overview of genetically modified foods, crops, organisms. Pros and cons of genetic modification.
Global Issues: Genetically Engineered Food
- Outlines scientific and consumer concerns about genetically engineered and modified foods. Safety, food patents, Monsanto's role and media coverage are addressed.
Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Mission is to create environmentally and economically sustainable rural communities through sound agriculture and trade policy. Includes ongoing campaigns to fight genetically engineered foods.
- Corporate information about Monsanto, a major producer of GM seeds, as well as educational material, news and a long list of links.
Myths About GMO
- VegSource.com paper argues that biotech has no benefits for starving people in the developing world.
Norfolk Genetic Information Network (NGIN)
- UK and international news; articles; quotations by scientists.
Organic Seed Alliance
- Supports the ethical development and stewardship of the genetic resources of agricultural seed.
Quotations by scientists on the safety of GM foods
- "There is an awful lot unknown about hazards of new [GM food] crops and until it is fully tested we should not be subjecting people to risks, least of all young children."
- A page on GM food at the website of the Social Issues Research Centre.
Socio-Political Impact of Biotechnology in Developing Countries
- Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development (NFSD): "food security in the developing countries must not come to depend on surpluses from the industrialised countries or, worse, food aid..." [Novartis is a biotechnology company]
Terminator technology threatening African farmers' rights
- Article in Afrol News on the possible effects of the terminator gene on southern African agriculture. (June 21, 2001)
Suggest a Business
Business Directory (Yellow pages)
Iranian TV & Radio
Advertise With Us
Copyright © 1999-2013 persiancity.com. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service